Thursday 28 April 2011

Reflections on a (yet another) Rainy Day

So it's raining...again.  The house is actually quiet (hopefully I didn't just jinx it!).  C1 is at school, C2 is hanging with my parents and C3 is sleeping in her playpen...although I do hear her stirring.  My home is definately not the tidiest house around.  As I look around I see TONNES of school paperwork piled up at the edge of the kitchen table and on top of the counter: kindergarten crafts, first grade crafts, homework sheets, newsletters, drawings made on napkins or restaurant paper table covers.  Most of which could probably be thrown out, some of which I just  cant bare to part with.  C2 is in JK and has been very much into drawing sweet little pictures of our family or pictures of just her holding a flower or surrounded by hearts.  Little pictures she then give to me or her daddy as "presents".  How can I possibly throw these away?...but wow is it ever piling up!  There's clean laundry waiting for me in the laundry room.  There is no problem getting laundry clean around here...it is however, a problem getting it put away.  It usually just sits in a pile on the counter and I find myself fishing through it to get what I need.  Not the most efficient system but I find myself going to scrapbook or play with my kids before folding and putting away laundry come filtering up my priority list.  I'll apologize for the messy house...but I won't apologize for my priorities!  (I read that on a FB page and it is soooo true!) It really does however, make me yearn for a "stop time" button.  I can't believe my littlest one is already 3 months old (as of yesterday!).  Sometimes I can't even fathom how my mommy must feel when she looks at her little girl (me) with her own 3 little girls.  Mother's day is approaching.  My oldest told me that she can't wait until Mother's Day becuase she gets to make stuff for me!  Love that she loves that! *sigh*.  Makes me feel totally blessed to be surrounded by all this wonderfully lovey-family-mushy-gooeyness.  Here are some layouts I made to support this!




2 comments:

  1. My fave is your parent's- they always look so cute and that page just emphasized it!

    ...and the one with my kids is damn awesome too!;D

    xo
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!