Wednesday 27 March 2013

I wishy Washi I knew this technique earlier!

Hey Everyone!
So as I was perusing my standard fare of blogs I follow and stumbling upon new blogs that are simply uber cool I came across a really cool technique with Washi tape over at A Blog Named Hero.  Admittedly, I have yet to use this fun new product.  I bought a couple rolls from the clearance bin at Michaels and they've been sitting in a drawer collecting dust....until today.  This technique was so fun and easy I want to go out and jump on the Washi bandwagon.  The ideas were just overflowing in my head!  I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of this stuff on my projects!  The technique was called "Tape your Stamps" and basically you stamp your picture, apply washi tape over it, and carefully and selectively cut parts of it out to add a cool paper-piecing -like effect.  I used this technique on the Anya Styles stamp from the Greeting Farm.  Here is the final product:

I used Michael's brand (Recollections) washi(craft) tape on her boots, bag, skirt and top.  Since the tape is see-through and easily removed, it's easy to use to add patterns and colour to the stamp.  Basically, you apply washi tape to the area you want covered and then with a fine craft knife you cut away the tape being careful not to cut all the way through the paper.  I used Stickles for the glittery bows and her phone and I coloured with rest of her with Copics.

I used a sketch from "Deconstructed Sketch" (Sketch #94) as the basis for this layout that I put her in.  Here is the sketch:
and here is my layout:


When I saw this picture of me and this Anya Styles stamp it made me laugh at how similar our 'dos were!  I just had to add her to the layout.  The patterned paper is from DCVW, the chicken wire fence stamp is from BoBunny and the lace is from Michaels.  I used an EK success border punch to cut the brown cardstock.  The "Always Genuine" stamp is from Autumn Leaves and the embossing folders used on the pennants are from Provocraft.
I would like to enter this layout in the following contests:
Anyone for Anya: Anything Goes
Deconstucted Sketch Challenge: Sketch#94

Thanks for stopping by!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!