Friday 29 March 2013

Photo Inspiration at Avery Elle (Part 1)

Hey Everyone,

There's a cool challenge I stumbled upon over at the Avery Elle blog.  This month it was based on a photo inspiration. 

I created this card:
I used Sizzix (woodgrain) and Darice (clouds) embossing folders, and an image from Stamping Bella.  I used the taped stamp technique from my last post on the umbrella, dress and pants of the image.  I used Copics for the jacket and the flowers.  The sentiment if from Avery Elle and the heart raindrops are also from the same set.  I used Glossy accents to add a bit of watery shine to the heart-drops.


Here's the photo:
When I first saw this picture I saw the wood texture, the ocean colours and the rain.  I saw peaceful serenity and possibility.  On a technical level I saw a focal point on the right 3rd of the picture and negative space on the left and top third.  With all these in mind and equipped with an Avery Elle: Lots of Love stamp set:

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is FABULOUS! Great colors and design. I LOVE the clouds embossing! So cool! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too too cute! I LOVE how you paired the sentiment up with the sweet couple. Striped pants? Yes please!! I love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!