Monday 1 April 2013

Moxie Fab-Chevrons

Hello Everyone!

Happy April Fools Day!  I hope you we're civil in the trickster department today.  As for me...not a single gag was done!  BOOOOOO!  Kidlets off from school and took the car in for service.  Not a tricking opportunity to be had.  I hope you all had better luck and got some pretty good chuckles out of it!
I'm sneaking in under the wire on this next challenge over at Moxie Fab World.  The challenge is cheverons.  Chevrons are all the rage these days.  How these differed from Zig Zags was totally beyond me but I have since done some research and have come to some clarification.  From my understanding, chevrons are a single occurrence of a 'V' shaped insignia.  Two lines coming together at an angle to form a point.



Zig Zags on the other hand are such 'V' shapes strung together in a line.


Online, images show these terms used interchangeably so really I'm not sure what is right.

What I do know is that in this card I had the 'chevron' theme echoing in various elements:  The crochet borders stamp (from Recollections), the rick-rack and in the arrangement of patterned paper.  The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set and the mirrored butterfly I got from the clearance section at Michaels.


I'm looking forward to this upcoming month.  The weather is warming up, the snow tires are off and my birthday is on the way (I share the same birthday as Queen Elizabeth II - hence the origin of my name).  Not to mention the paper crafting world is buzzing with new, fabulous stuff!

Thanks for dropping by!
Liz

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lizzie! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!