Sunday 12 May 2013

Wonder of Watercolour Challenge-Moxie Fab World

Hello Everyone!

Another card completed using some inspiration from Moxie Fab World.  The challenge is Wonder of Watercolour.  I have just gotten into this technique and am loving just playing.  I only wish I had more playtime (but don't we all!).  The inspiration over at Moxie Fab for this technique is off the charts!  Be sure to check out their post for some sure-to-spark-creativity goodness!  This card was uber easy to make.  The watercolour effect was achieved using Distress Markers.  I just added the Distress Marker colours in relatively random places directly on the stamp, then spritzed with some water and stamped on watercolour paper.  I hand traced the eyes and the mouth with a fine tip marker to have them stand out better. 
The image is from Local King Rubber Stamps, The background text stamp is from Hero Arts.  I used scrap paper for the scallops and a cut off pant hem from a pair of jeans I shortened for the border.
Love the calico washy colours of this little fella!  So cute!

Thanks again for stopping by!

Liz

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colouring technique. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lizzie! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!