Tuesday 6 August 2013

Twisted Tuesday Challenges #56: Christmas in August...

Hey Everyone!

AUGUST ALREADY!?!  Yikes!  Slow down summer!  There is still sooooo much to do!  Currently, I'm spending the week hanging with my BFF in New Jersey!  Today we went to the Jersey Shore!  The weather was awesome and the waves were steady and the water was COLD!!  I didn't stay in for very long but C1 spent the whole afternoon splashing in the surf and having a great time!  C2 and C3 had lots of fun playing in the sand with 'they boys' (my BFF's sons).  Despite my continuing shoulder issues  it was a wonderful day!

On the creative front!  It's new challenge day over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!  Yaaaaaaaaay!
It's Challenge #56: A Simple Christmas in August.

This fortnight here is the scoop:
The challenge: Make a Christmas Themed project
The Twist: make it CAS (Clean and Simple)

Now I've been trying my hand at CAS for cards with success but CAS on a scrapbook layout is another beast to tackle.  Soooooo much I want to say and add and dress up and embellish and...(well you get the point!).  There's just so much room on a scrapbook layout that making it CAS was a bigger challenge than I thought!  When I finally came up with a concept, the final product was no more than a photo, 1 sheet of patterned paper, washi tape and a stamp embossed in gold.  Easy peasy!

Patterned paper is from MME, the washi tape is from Recollections and the frame stamp is from Fancy Pants.


This is me putting the finishing touches on our Christmas Tree a couple years back.  The photo makes the photo look very red.  It's not really that red in person.  All the twinkle and soft lights make me long for this time of year again....but not tooo fast!

I hope I've been able to inspire you and I hope to see you over at the Twisted Tuesday Challenge blog! I can't wait to see what you've created!

I'd also like to link this up to the following blogs:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

Thanks for dropping by!
Liz

1 comment:

  1. I love that background paper! This is a great CAS layout :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!