Saturday 5 October 2013

Happy World Cardmaking Day!!!

It's been a busy day visiting family today so I didn't get to spend much time celebrating this special occaision.  Poo.  However, my girls and I did get a chance to put together a couple cards for my brother (in-law) who's celebrated a birthday last week.  They were quite excited to put their cards together all by themselves!  I was quite impressed with their creations!  Tomorrow I'm running a 5km race for the CIBC Run for Cure for Breast Cancer.  I'm a little stressed as this will be the first year that I'm actually running.  Keep your fingers crossed that I don't pass out.  My goal this year is to NOT finish last.  As long as that happens I will declare it a personal victory...and a big victory for the fight against Breast Cancer!

So....here are my contributions to World Card Making Day!  I hope you all got a chance to create a card today!
Sentiment and 'You' diecut:Simon Says Stamp;paper: MME, metal: Lifestyle Crafts; Embossing folder: Sizzix. 

I love using photos in cards, especially when they are for family members.  I love how the metal embossed background adds just the right amount of bling for this guy card.

I'd like to submit this card to the following challenges:
Sister Act Anything Goes Challenge: #27
Moxie Fab World: Metal/Wood and Cork Challenge

My eldest daughter who's 9 made the following card.  She picked a Page Maps card sketch from a binder I have and just went with it!  She chose the papers/colours, punched everything out and put it all together!  I'm so proud...and so was she!  Way to go my girl!
Owl punch from SU, leaf punch from Martha Stewart, Sentiment Stamp Simon Says Stamp
 

I love how she made the little owls look at eachother.  Soooo cute!  She even used the beak on the owl punch to make the bow on the girls owl's head.  So creative!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps: Wings and Things

And the last card is made by my middle cutie, C2.  She did the same as her big sister and picked a Page Maps sketch and just went with it.  She picked out all the papers and put the whole thing together by herself.  She even cut out all the bits using the Cuttlebug and some mommy supervision.  Check it out!
sentiment: Paper Smooches, dies: Spellbinders, paper: BoBunny, banner die: Simon Says Stamp

Very typical of my little C2 to use anything with Penguins on it!  This card is personal to her because of that.  I'm quite proud of her little creation!  Not bad at all for a 6 year old!

I'd like to submit this to the following blogs:
Simon Says Stamp Wendesday Challenge: Going Dotty
Paper Smooches Sparks: Anything Goes

Sorry for the lengthy post!  

Happy World Card Making Day!

Thanks for stopping by!

Liz

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards! So fun that you had a crafting day together all of you :) Thanks for playing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lizzie! Thanks for linking this up to the Metal, Cork, & Wood Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!