Wednesday 30 October 2013

Inspiration from my Birthday Girl! (Part 1)

Hey everyone!

It was my middle daughter's 7th birthday today!  We decided to take her out for dinner but while I was volunteering at her school this afternoon she said she really wanted her grandparents (from both sides of the family) to join us.  When I said that it was too late notice and they probably wouldn't be able to make it, she turned on the puppy dog eyes (complete with tears welling up) and said "Can you please just ask?"  How could I say no?  There's no harm in asking.  So at 3pm this afternoon I called the grandparents and asked if they could come for a birthday dinner at a local Chinese Buffet restaurant (as the request of my little C2) and to my surprise (sort of) they all responded with "Okay" and no hesitation.  How great!  An impromptu party of 9 to celebrate a special day.  Life is good.
In honour of my little C2 and her passion for all things "Penguin" I got a jump start on the Christmas cards and make a few that I knew would make her smile!  Here's to you my little mango.  I love you lots!
image stamp: Darcies, markers: Copic; sentiment stamp: Technique Tuesday
I stamped the image in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with black glittery embossing powder.  I then coloured the adorable Penguins (who make me think of my 3 little sweeties) with Copics.  The lime green background is very old left over packaging from some scrapbook embellies.  It was probably one of the first items i got and I saved the packaging because it was pretty and I was on a budget back then.  The velour red snowflake ribbon is also a couple years old and has been hiding in my stash for some time.
This card makes me smile.  It's simple and sweet.

I would like to submit this to the following blogs:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Use it Tuesday: Creatures (penguins are creatures :))
Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Love those penguins! Thank you for using your stash with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.. this is too cute! Love the dimension! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those penguins are pretty fun! And I love that you used product packaging on your card, I'm wishing I'd saved more pieces like that because my budget is tighter now than when I began! Thank goodness for inspiration from people like you because I sure can stretch my stuff farther these days! Thanks for sharing at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the embossing of the penguins, they sure pop off the card. Wonderful Christmas card.Thank you for sharing and entering your card in our monthly challenge "Anything Goes".

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!