Monday 10 March 2014

New Month, New Challenge at 123 Get Scrappy!!

Hey Everyone!

It's challenge #8 up and running over at 123 Get Scrappy.  That means another inspiring bingo board of creativity for your scrapbooking pleasure!  March Break has just started over in my little part of the world and I've got 3 kids to entertain.  It's going to be a busy busy week!  I'm hoping that I can keep my sanity through it all.  I've given up "junk food" for lent as well (my definition of junk food is: anything with sugar as the first 2 ingredients and anything deep fried) so my tolerance for things will be stretched as it is!  Wish me luck!

Without further adieu here's my creation for this month's challenge:

Patterned paper: Recollections; naked chipboard butterflies: Maya Road, clock die: Time Holtz/Sizzix; felt scallop and heart: Fancy Pants; script stamp: Stampin' Up; distress crackle paint.



I used Distress Crackle paint in Antique Linen and Peeled Paint on the chipboard butterflies.  I haven't used these paints in a while so the Antique Linen was quite dry (I added water to it to thin it out) and the Peeled Paint had some separation in the colours.  It actually turned out pretty cool because the paint had streaks of yellow in it.
I used the first column on the bingo board:
I also incorporated #110 sketch over at Sketchabilities.  I decided to shake things up a little and use the mirror image of the sketch for my design.
Be sure to head on over to 123 Get Scrappy to join in the bingo board fun!  We've got some brand new DT members who have some great inspiration for you all!  Be sure to check them out and show them some love!  I can't wait to see what you create!

I would also like to submit this the the following:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Tag It!
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: D is for Distress!

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Liz


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout, Lizzie! I loved looking at your photo and all the embellishments. I wish you had written more about your time in Paris. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Tag It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! love the colors and the houndstooth background paper. Also reat job with the chipboards.
    Thank you for playing with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! Loving that houndstooth patterned paper, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful layout. Love the pretty distressed effect on the embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!