Tuesday 29 April 2014

Twisted Tuesday Challenge#75 - It's all Black and White (mostly)

Hey Everyone,

It's been an interesting last few days over in my neck of the woods.  That tummy virus that has apparently been going around finally caught up to me this past weekend...and it decided to rear its ugly head at my volleyball banquet on Friday night, mid-conversation with some fellow team members, totally out of nowhere....BOOM!  My stomach drops and I'm suddenly tasting that bile taste in my mouth.  Major sprint to the washroom where the first of at least 5 violent stomach purges occurred.  Hubby took me home where the next episodes occurred throughout the night until about 4am!  AWEFUL!  I was in bed for pretty much ALL of Saturday and Sunday morning.  My hubby's grandparents had the kidlets from Friday night to Sunday afternoon.  Not exactly my idea of a weekend without kids!  BOOOOO!  I guess on the the upside, however, hubby and I later found out that we won 2 of the door prizes awarded on Friday night. (YAAAY!).

Anyhoo...on a crafty note...a new challenge is up and running over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.
Here's the deets:
The Challenge: Make your creation Using only Black and White
The Twist: Use ONE other colour in your creation (so Black and White and One more...tee hee!)

Here is my creation:
pattern paper: KCompany, Recollections; flowers: Prima; flourish die: MFT; pearl brad: Making Memories; Hugs die: Simon Says Stamp; newsprint stamp: Hero Arts


As full disclosure, this isn't the project I actually intended to create for this challenge.  I started a scrapbook layout and then I got hit with that tummy bug.  When I got well enough to create again my C2 was sooooo eager to help.  I had kind of lost my vision for my original layout and C2 had been bugging me to help her make a card for a while and I just haven't found the time to sit down with her to accommodate (not to mention the craft room is an absolute DISASTER right now!)  This time around in my still weakened condition I welcomed the help and this was partly her creation.  I decided on a design and she cut/diecut/glued/chose papers.  Not too shabby for a 7 year old!

Be sure to head on over to Twisted Tuesday Challenges and join in the creative fun!  There could be a GDT spot with your name on it!

Be sure to check out the other DT members creation for inspiration!

I'd also like to submit this to the following blogs:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Clean and Simple
Sister Act Anything Goes Card Challenge: #54
Whimsy Stamps Inspirational Challenge: Anything Goes

I look forward to seeing your creations!

Thanks for stopping by!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!